Fitness@inspirations Gym - Lisburn

So with my holiday approaching even closer.. It's vital I squeeze a few more workouts in. And as I was in my boot camp class tonight (which was even more intense than Kanye West's workout plan) I wondered why I didn't opt to sitting in and catching up on The Real Housewives whilst eating copious amounts of popcorn. I was sweating buckets and I moaned the whole way through.. Standard for me having a good yap.. but me and the other girls made it to the end!
As I left my class I bumped into an old acquaintance who's first words were 'Holy Crap you look amazing!!!'. I first thought to myself "gosh I must have looked awful before" .. (mind you I hadn't seen this person in near 5 years) so I didn't look overly great back then.. In fact looking back makes me cringe severely.. But then I thought you know what.. I feel great and look better than I ever have done so why shouldn't I lap up the compliments!? I deserve them!

In the last three years I have miraculously slimmed down from a size 14 to a size 10 and now I am between a size 6 and an 8.. And before anyone thinks that is too slim.. I am perfectly healthy and eat like a horse! Mind you.. I have had to cut down on my alcohol intake and also cut down on my eating out (having a boyfriend like mine who likes to eat consistently makes this difficult lol) but with exercising regularly and taking up a sport.. Mine being hockey.. you'd be surprised how quickly your body transforms! Exercise has not only helped me blow my bank account on smaller clothes but it's also helped me grow stronger mentally as I often suffer from anxiety...and it's blew up my confidence big time! I also now don't feel as guilty when I overindulge in yummy things like nandos and blue Chicago as I've worked hard and deserve a treat or two! 

But yeah.. This blog post is on my journey over the last two years with Aileen and Stephen Agnew of Fitness@inspirations gym in Lisburn. This little gym is a hidden gem. Right in the centre of Lisburn City (the city part is debatable) Fitness@inspirations has a number of excellent facilities at very competitive prices.. And not only that.. The couple that run the gym are so motivating and make every minute enjoyable. I couldn't have got this far without them.
The gym itself has a good sized room for classes.. A gym room with all your necessary equipment.. treadmills/crosstrainers and fixed weight machines etc..A boxing room.. A weight room.. A circuit room.. An abs room.. (where I found mine haha.. jokes) And a spin room.. So pretty much everything you need under one roof. Protein shakes are also available to be ordered to pick up after your class for only £2.00.

All the instructors that take the classes are excellent and not once have I woke up the next day after a class and not been struggling down my stairs! My preference at the gym is going to classes.. I feel I work harder and I need the discipline and in the classes here.. Slacking is not an option! 

From Pump/boxerfit/cardiofit/spin/TRX/tabata/circuits/boot camp and a few others there is always a class you will enjoy! (actually you'll enjoy them all) but if you don't like classes or the times dont suit you the gym is open 9-9 and Aileen or Stephen can help you make up a work out programme to work on in your own time.
Every single member of the gym is so friendly and the atmosphere is great. Everyone has the same goals and everyone helps each other along in reaching them.. And of course we all have a lot of fun.. (competitive fun). The guys are all off to compete together in this years Hell and Back at the end of june. (I just happen to be out of the country) BTW.. This gym is open to males and females and there are female only classes for those who need a break from men for an hour!

Prices for the gym are -
£4 a go.. Class or gym.
£10 gym only membership
£25 monthly payments/membership with classes
£20 standing order monthly membership with classes 

Bring a friend for free and there is also no contract on gym membership.
This gym is situated in Graham Gardens facing RE Gibb hairdressers and beside the multi-storey car park. They also have some classes on for kids too. There are a few videos of the classes in action on the like page on facebook so you can have a sneak peek and your first class is free!

Some of the girls if not most of them have made unbelievable transformations at this gym.. Here are a few pics of my journey and the facilities this gym has to offer. I am still not happy 100% yet and I probably never will be..and I know there are areas for improvement. I am trying to work on my legs while ploughing through a knee injury.. but I'm pretty impressed with my results so far thanks to Fitness@inspirations :)

Give them a like on Facebook @fitnessinspirations or add Aileen or Stephen Agnew if you have any queries.
Hopefully I'll see you next week at a class :)
Thanks for reading guys.. I'm away for that popcorn now.. 

Lanadelrich xo



      Location - Graham Gardens Lisburn


                               Pump class



Spin Room


                         
                           Gym Facilities


                            Boxing room


Circuits room


Classes Room



 Results from 2/3 classes a week consistently



                    Me in 2012 and in 2014



 The lovely owners Aileen and Stephen




And last but not least... My before and after (cringe) i was a size 14 on the left.. and a size 8 on the right.

Lanadelrich xo

Comments

Popular Posts