My Hero Brush - Hero to Zero..

This post may be slightly controversial.. Although I don't like writing negative things.. the whole point of writing a blog is for my honest opinion.

If your any kind of girl.. You will be absolutely obsessed with Make Up and trying out all the new products and wanting to have a hoard of stuff to use and mix up day in and day out. My room is coming down with make up and I'm constantly buying more. One thing I did struggle to find was a decent brush to put my foundation on with! Why is it such a struggle!? 

I picked up my first Ciara Daly 'hero brush' last year. I always used MAC stippling brushes and had tried Real Techniques brushes along with different foundations to try and finally find my favorite coverage. I was rather impressed with the brush on the off set. I think the coverage was fantastic and you could buff and layer it up as much as you pleased. My foundation lasted all day long and when I was in a rush in the morning it definitely sped up my beauty routine.


I used this brush for around 6 weeks and found it began to get irritating when applying foundation and having hairs from the brush fall out onto my face meaning when I brushed them off my face my make up was looking cakey. I had washed the brush regularly and put it into the box every time I used it. I was rather disappointed and decided to return back to my MAC Brush for a while. 

The coverage from my Mac Brush was good.. But my make up didn't last as long or look as flawless as it did with my Hero brush. I happened to be at a local ladies night with my Jewellery.. The Statement Studio and there was a Ciara Daly rep there doing make up and it was amazing. I chatted to her about my previous brush and she ensured me that they have got better and to try another one. So I forked out another £25 and put it to the test. The fresh brush was so soft and fluffy.. It felt amazing! I used it daily and washed it frequently with proper brush wash and yet again about two months into usage the brush started to shed hairs and this time even more. It became the most irritating thing and there is nothing worse than hairs coming onto your face with your foundation and having to pick them off and fix your face time and time again. 

For the price of this brush I would like to think with the proper care that it would have a longer life span than what both of my brushes have managed to have. I have seen a few other reviews and I have noticed it being quite common for the brush to shed excessively. In my honest opinion I have now came across the good ole beauty blender and you actually couldn't go wrong with one. Damp it a little before use and dab your foundation on with it and it looks amazing. I picked up a pack of two in Primark for only £2!

In a nutshell.. I wouldn't rate the Hero Brush. I do however have the Ciara Daly eyeshadow brush set and it is brilliant for applying eye make up and it's definitely worth the money.. £14 a set.



(You can actually see the hairs sitting up in the above photo..) 

Price £25.. Rather pricey when not worth the quality in my opinion. This is a shame when it does exactly what is says on the tin.. Coverage wise. Value for money gets a 1 from me :( My MAC brush was £18 and is still alive after 2 years. 

Quality 2/5 

Life Span 2/5

Coverage 5/5

Packaging 5/5 (It does look pretty cute and was definitely instagram worthy) 



Have you got one and how have you got on with yours?? Should I try another one and maybe use different treatment on it to have it last longer?? Should I try a different brush? Feel free to drop a comment below.. 

Thanks.. 

Lanadelrich xox 



Comments

Popular Posts